My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

Instant Life-Changer

Im now taking arv's ... Surprise!

Yeah, it was really unexpected.

I planned to go to RITM for a check up.
I have a serious OI by the way. Haha.

The doctor checked me and run through my chart. She said, 'feeling ko
mas mababa na cd4 mo kesa dati (which was 282) kaya ka nagka ganyan'.
She even called a fellow doctor to confirm my condition.. 2 of them
decided to check my cd4 count but it was too early for September.
'kelangan mo na mag arv' they uttered. 'kasi kung ano ano na dumadapo
sayo,mababa na cd4 mo'. What??!! I was really caught of guarded.. Wala
na ko nagawa! They even called Dr. Ditangco for approval. Oh my, i was
just here to have my oi checked and now im pressured with arv's ..
lols. Ok fine so be it! Take it take it..

They prescribed me

Truvada and Isentress...

Common, of course not!

Lamivudine + Zidovudine + Nevirapine

it's my 2nd take of NVP and thank god for no adverse rashes :)

it was an instant life changing regimen, if others were very latent
and trying to avoid it, but for me, i look forward every 12pm and
12am.

My new bestfriends:

Lamivudine
Zidovudine
Nevirapine, for now
Acyclovir, for my oi treatment
Azithromycin
Co-trimaxazole
Ascorbic Acid
Vitamin B complex
Multivitamins
Isopropyl and Ethyl alcohol
Sulfur and Triclosan based soaps

hopefully my cd4 count will jump from 282 to 400+ haha cross-fingers!


Ta!

6 comments:

JMAC28 { Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 2:17:00 PM GMT+8 }
Don't worry. Everything is possible w/ God. =)
The Chemistry Guy { Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 2:22:00 PM GMT+8 }
3rd take of NVP, so far no reactions.. sana hiyang ako! :)
Juan de la Cruz { Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 9:02:00 PM GMT+8 }
i hope everything goes well with you now that you're on ARVs but look at it on the bright side, the ARVs will make your remaining CD4 cells stronger against the invaders in your body. :)
Eternal Wanderer... { Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 9:22:00 PM GMT+8 }
you take of yourself really well, you hear me? :)

*hugs*
The Chemistry Guy { Friday, July 16, 2010 at 1:12:00 AM GMT+8 }
JDC, yup.. everything will fall back into place. :)
The Chemistry Guy { Friday, July 16, 2010 at 1:13:00 AM GMT+8 }
Eternal Wanderer, Yes Sir! copy!
You take care of yourself too! :)