My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

Accolades


I have some friends, whom they don't know I am a poz, have accolades on persons living with HIV. There was one who told me that HIV is only for those rich kids, I asked why and he said that only rich fellas only afford to buy expensive medicines, ARV I assume, and have treatments on their opportunistic infections. I talked to myself and asked, I'm not rich. Just an average earning boy from down south. Good thing medicines are free, thanks to Global Fund and the government health insurance. I was diagnosed way back 2010 and that was the year where almost everything is free. But now, there fees to be collected. But still, almost 90% of costs are covered.

During the late 80's and 90's, after the onset of HIV discovery, it was penned that the disease is for gay men alone as almost all infected are gay men. The gay man's disease before it was named HIV. There was a time when I was in RITM that I noticed a husband and wife who's both positive and to take note that the wife is preggy. Another was a mother and daughter who is also both positive. So again, this one is for everyone.

Someone told me that HIV, granting that the infected is male, is for good looking men. That I cannot attest, but I have notice that yeah most of the men living with HIV is indeed good looking. Either a model like one, a hunk  and the boy-next door type one. It's not purely 100% true. Of course beauty is permanently subjective. But what I know is this is somewhat true. *somewhat*
  
Another guy have told me, looking for a partner is almost impossible. Totally wrong. I have friends who does have a partner of same status, some are on a magnetic relationship - lucky them. And some just really don't care, I mean they just want to have some fun, still meet for sex, do pnp's and propose orgys. I just hope they're doing it safely. I don't have a partner, but of course I wanted to, I wanna experience it again how does it feel like having someone to share with. Been single for the longest time, 5 or 6 years I think. If chances permit, I would welcome it.

0 comments: