My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

Bleak

I've been ranting out lately because I don't have someone to talk to seriously these days and I can decipher that they just don't like some drama.

I recently shifted career, from a call-center-based type of work to being a corporate junkie. There's a total difference between the two and I think I'm having a hard time adjusting my self both emotionally, intellectually and financially.

I can cite some differences between the 2 worlds.

1. Schedule - Corporate wolrd has a better schedule that can offer than that of the BPO world. Most corporate offices offers flexible schedule, that means, go to work anytime and get out as long as you finish their required hours. Unlike BPO setting, you need to be at the office at XX time or else you get suspended.

2. Working environment - this might be dependent over each organization but what I have noticed, people over the corporate world are much attached to their work. They are  so serious to an extent that the office production is so quiet, you hear every letter on the keyboard being type. This is way contrasting with the BPO world, the floor is  jam packed with employees with their agenda of noisiness and fun.

3. People - an absolute quality in nature. It's a prerogative of each individual whether a person or a group is of good quality. People  over the BPO industry are more open, liberated and free compared to the corporates which are quite reserved and goal-set individuals. When I was in the BPO sector, I can say whatever I want without other being offended. Unlike now that everyone need to watch the words that will come out of their mouths.

4. Money matters - add fringe benfits to it, will differ according to the nature of the organization. Each has its own way of monetary and non-monetary process of business and people development and employee motivation. I'm having a hard time adjusting from being highly paid to a much lower one. I need to find ways to adjust which is already an ordeal to me.

5. Stability - Corporate world is more stable when it comes to employment sustainability than BPO's. But the career growth and promotion is slower than that of the BPO business.

Bottom line is, I'm NOT enjoying my current work. It has been a couple of month since I joined the team and now... I wanna get out and submit my resignation. As of the moment, jobstreet website is open every hour. Searching for a potential new organization to join to. Another trial and error perhaps.

0 comments: