My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

HIV and Malate


It was ages since I last visited Malate. My first encounter of the place was way back during college - around 2003 or so. The crowd is very young, sights and sounds were booming. It was a perfect place to chill and party. 

I'm not really a socially inclined guy so it was a tough challenge for me to stay within the premises of this fun and noisy place. It was a feeling of awkwardness. I never went back and it was not my hang out place like others do. 


This place has left a not-so-good impression towards socializing. Just late last year, a friend and I was victimized by this hooker. Well, it started out just to stroll and booze around up until this guy (a hooker in disguise) approached us and ask for some time to make a little chit chat. We took the liberty of doing so since it was ages since we were here. Then, there he goes... asking my friend to check-in at a nearby hostel for quick rundown. He was a little insistent to a point that agreed for this shit to pass through.



This hooker even asked another friend to join us. We were really not interested in doing such hanky panky but due to his persistence, we gave up. Scouted the streets of Malate for a cheap hostel and after hours of walking, we ended up at this hotel. My friend and I told this hooker shit to make the transaction at the hotel desk as we have a stint of embarrassment when inside such "sex den" hotel. Hooker shit went to the reception and got back to us asking for 500 bucks -- I know in my mind there's a kickback from him, no such room for 500 bucks. My friend handed over the money to hooker shit and waited. Twenty minutes has passed, there's no sigh of him.. uh oh. I knew it, I ran over and tried chasing that bullshit but no traces of him. 


Ok, this is not a good experience for a fairly new visitor. We don't the tricks of trade of this place and we ended up like crap.



Aside from some mishaps, there are also good times to cherish. Well, it really depends on your purpose if you are to stay here. Whether to have a clean and plain fun OR some naughty escapade.


The Red Light district of Manila, I think no wonder HIV is still at large at these places.  



0 comments: