My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

Less Electrolytes

I'm not feeling that good.. I'm having tummy problems, diarrhea or maybe gastroenteritis. It's been 2 days since I go back and forth to the toilet throne. It started out when I asked for a service water from a famous pizzeria. I really opted not to drink house water to begin with, I knew from myself that I have a quite low cd4 count and for sure I am susceptible to any infection. I ordered Iced tea to start off my dinner, but it was way too sweet for me so I asked for service water. Hours later, my tummy started to form clouds of thunder and lightning... and there you go.

For a normal person it would last approximately 1-2 days.. but for me? an immuno-compromised guy, maybe longer or even worse.. tssss..

Im now taking electrolyte solutions and Gatorade, to replenish all my lost fluids and electrolytes (Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium, BiCarbonates etc.)



But it's a weekend! I cant afford to stay home just doing online stuffs, this is so boring... I wanna watch Prince of Persia!

For now, Saturday, its time to rest I think.. but tomorrow, Sunday! nah! splurge!!!!

Hope everyone enjoyed and fulfilled with the AIDS Candle lighting ceremony held yesterday.


Ta!

5 comments:

JMAC28 { Saturday, May 29, 2010 at 2:30:00 PM GMT+8 }
Pagaling ka.
Anonymous { Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 12:02:00 AM GMT+8 }
is it bottle or canned iced tea?

if its house iced tea prepared by the staff then its no different from the service water. youbshould see how most of these restos prepare the iced tea or other powdered drink. its something like pouring the powdered formula into a pail of water.
The Chemistry Guy { Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 12:08:00 AM GMT+8 }
service water yun...
im not really sure if that's the culprit but i have a 99% instinct..
Juan de la Cruz { Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 1:29:00 AM GMT+8 }
i hope you're feeling better now or your tummy isn't acting up anymore.
The Chemistry Guy { Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 1:09:00 PM GMT+8 }
feeling better na... constipated naman ako hehe