My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

On being independent

Life to date, I always wanted to be an independent person. That is, having my own place to live and doing my own personal ways to live everyday life.


Since I was a kid, I was unconsciously trained by my mom to be independent. Everyday I was left alone in the house, do my own stuff like lunch preparation and household chores. Imagine, me at a young age already does these things. No nanny or maid to rely on, well they didn't stay too long but over all I was the one being the sole household mate of my childhood.


Now that I am working, I always wanted to be on a seperate way with my folks, but I don't have the change of doing so since I can't pound enough reason to my mom why the sudden thing.
Several factors affect this decision. First, perhaps I'm the only child so mother's instinct is of course not to let go and she thinks that I can't handle myself. Second, my workplace is just near so there's no reason for me to transfer to another place. Third, I'm not yet done on my short-term goal which is to find a company to offer stability and good compensation.


If I were to ask, My ideal life is like a bachelor. Simple life of living alone, being stable and has the moved into a managerial level, has his own vehicle and be in a liberal way of life.
Living independent has many pro's and con's.


There's no one to look after me if ever the time I got sick - especially in my condition. Doing other household chores can be time consuming like laundry and shirt ironing - by the way I don't know how to properly iron a polo shirt or even fold one, I hate washing the dishes and clothes. I can invite my friends over to celebrate something, I can go anytime of the day especially if some of my friends asked me for a late dinner and movie date somewhere near. The expenses are bad too, so it's a must that I have more than the average source of income, unless if the company I work for gave me one then it's a bonus.
So far, I'm working on some short-term, mid-term and long-term goals. Which I wanna talk about on a seperate post.


I just hope that there will be a time that I can be given a chance to be one and prove that I can handle my own.

1 comments:

Eternal Wanderer... { Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 9:22:00 AM GMT+8 }
that's why i love staying at the family house.

free laundry and ironing :P