My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

Latest CD4 count


Visited Research Institute for Tropical Medicine last Friday for medicine refill and CD4 testing. Been a long time since I last went here. I came in very early at 6:45 am for CD4 testing. They recently changed the cut-off time for blood extraction to 7am-8am only. At this early, I'm already on the 9th spot from the line. The process changed and improved a bit from the previous topsy turvy scene. Their process is more effective but less efficient. It took me roughly 8 hours waiting in vain. CD4 results are released within the day, in most cases 11am, after lunch otherwise. Since I am about to refill, they told me to wait for the doctor since she will be the one providing the prescription. You will encounter a very long and pain-on-the-ass wait. I'm gonna to another post about the crucial wait-for-results experience.

So far, I'm thankful for the result. In time for Thanksgiving day. 

From 406 units of CD4, it went up to 740 units.

This, perhaps, is one of the reason to be happy. Somehow, still thankful.

And oh by the way, I'm trying to resurface again. Struggling, but trying.

Follow me on Twitter @tcghiv

2 comments:

Eternal Wanderer... { Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 2:11:00 AM GMT+8 }
g'job! :D
Unknown { Monday, November 26, 2012 at 5:00:00 AM GMT+8 }
Dear you're doing a wonderful job. Just keep moving forward and don't look back. =D