My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

Where's the bright side?

I have talked to Google and asked: How to see the bright side of life? Seriously.

I found this site for personal development asking questions about the bright side of life. There are 11 of them and I'm gonna answer it one by one.

1. Are you in good health?

If you are healthy, be grateful you are this way. Millions of people would give anything to be in your shoes, but they can’t because they are ill of some sort of disease. Think of those millions next time you feel there’s no bright side of things in your life.

So-so. I am in good health, that is, no opportunistic infection or whatever. But generally, not. I have an irreversible condition.

2. Have a family? 

If you have a family, then know that there are over 143 million orphans in the world! So, you could say that you are luckier and have more to be thankful for than over 143.000.000 people! 

I only have my mom left. I am the only kid of the home. I don't have a close-family relationship with 2nd degree relatives.


3. Do you have any friends?

If you have at least one friend to talk to then you are lucky. Believe it or not, some people just don’t have any friends at all. If you have more than one friend you are really doing great!

This is kinda difficult to answer. It may sound to be a loser.. but I only have a bit. I don't have the typical cliche friends who go out together and have fun.

4. Do you have a pet?

If you have one it’s great because some people can’t afford to raise a pet or they don’t have enough space to keep one. You should be grateful for your pet! Actually go ahead and give him a big, warm hug right now  just for being there for you! And after you do that, give him another hug from me  because I’m an animal lover too! 

I used to.. from tropical fishes, rabbits and cats. I'm planning to have one though.


5. Do you have someone to call your better half?

If you have someone who cares for you and loves you then you are truly lucky! You should really be grateful for having that! Be grateful that you can love and are loved! Be grateful of all the moment you and him/her spend have spend and will spend together from now one! Cherish every second and live it at it’s full intensity! Many people don’t find someone like that their entire life.  

Pretty obvious.. nope. I don't have any.


6. Do you live in a country with ongoing war?

This is a huge thing to be grateful for! Just look at what is happening right now in Iraq and just \think of how the people that live there must feel. Would you feel good if there was a good chance that today you would die of a hand grenade or a bullet to your head? It’s a little rough but that’s the way life is in Iraq. Tough and unforgiving. 

No, so this is the first among the questions to be thankful of.

7. Are you a slave?

You might think: “What? There are no more slaves! What are you talking about?” Yes, you are right. There are no more slaves. But if you were born in 1800 for example, there’s a good chance you could be a slave right now. Never thought of it this way? Never thought how lucky you are because you live these times of freedom, no matter the color of your skin.

We no longer live in the Medieval era for this.

8. Can you read this line?

Some people can’t because they are blind. They would give an arm and a leg just to see again. If you can read this it means you have something that others only dream about. Use it and be grateful you have it.

9. Can you walk?

Some people are stuck in wheelchairs. If you’re not and you can walk just fine I’m glad for you. Look at your two legs and see them as a gift because they are. Just imagine how would you do without them and you will feel they are a gift, one bigger than you probably imagine.

10. Do you have two hands?

There are people that have to get through with only one hand or even worst. Imagine yourself having to go through life with only one hand or with no hands at all. How would life be for you? I really think that these sort o people, that have difficulties that others haven’t, are really the heroes of our world.

11. Are you capable of thinking?

Unfortunately some people can’t do that. They have all sort of diseases that just don’t allow them this luxury. Someone else has to look out for them and make decisions for them. Be grateful you can think and make your own mind about things. It’s a great thing you can.


The past 3 years of my blog existence, I have received more emails and replies than expected expressing their gratitude of how my blog helped them re-live the life, I think the world has turned its tables and it is I whom needs help. I am having a hard time seeing the brighter side.

Credits to:
http://www.razvandobre.com/11-Things-To-Be-Grateful-For-See-The-Bright-Side-Of-Life.html


0 comments: