My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

Half-Hearted Rebound

I tried re-surfacing from the dating scene and it's kinda awkward. I have met this guy online, he was an "avid" follower of my social media posts, from Facebook to Twitter to Instagram and Foursquare. A year of likes, comments and online messages, he had this guts to ask my number and admit his interest in dating. I was a bit aloof of this because of my sero-status - I assume he's non-poz. 

I finally gave up on his persistence for a date. We set a weekend for us to meet and planned what to do with the day. It was a normal date, we dined out, watched a movie and had a little chit chat over coffee. It was really so-so. I tend to hold back everything on my mind since I know I am dating a non-poz guy, yes I'm sort of uncomfortable of the situation - Here are the reasons:

1. In the long run, granting that all is well and went according to plan, it will be one step ahead of dating - that is, being new partners. And of course as a consequence, I have to disclose my sero-status. Two things will happen, either he accepts or rejects me.

1a. If he accepted me, then that would be great. But the consequences are just up ahead. Having a sero-discordant relationship is kinda heavy to take and requires a high level of responsibility. Responsibility of not infecting your negative partner. 

Intimate relationship will surely suffer on both parties as the positive guy will be strictly conscious  on every action to take. Even though there's the value of "safety", still you cannot blame the scrupulous mind of the poz guy.

1b. What happens in the event of rejection? Well, this will add or perhaps multiply to the burden and depression I am experiencing.

We have talked about his closest friends. Two of them are working for some very known pharmaceutical company. One of it is actually a maker of ARV drugs. I know these friends based on Facebook, since they all added me.. I don't why, but they did. And they are all of high profiled ones, not your average and ordinary guys on the block.

I'm not really sure if I can get along with these kinds of guys - well because I don't get along well with these class of people. I'd rather have a simple life without any complications. (I just avoiding reasons for me to be insecure, that is.)

Couple of weeks has passed, this guy is still up for another date. He's really into me I think. If you were to ask me, disregarding anything and of the absolute, there's no spark between us. Given my current situation, emotionally and mentally, I think I have to turn down and no longer be ahead of what is currently happening.


I'm just too scared. Trying to do a damage control or anything similar that will affect my emotional and mental being - anticipating that it may incur more damage. Too frightened to let my feelings flow - especially to a thing that I know I cannot hold onto.

If he was a known poz guy, then perhaps everything will be alright. I know I am thinking too much about it, its just the way it is.

Follow me on Twitter: @tcghiv

1 comments:

Eternal Wanderer... { Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 9:42:00 AM GMT+8 }
relax. enjoy. cross the bridge when you get there ;)