My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

A little ketchup

It was a weekend and my health is not on the great mood, my condition is getting worse gradually so I decided to have a check up with my good old friend from Makati Medical Center. RITM's OPD is closed on weekends so this was a perfect timing to meet and have a little catch up with Dra. G (get it, ketchup?)

Dra. G was the first person in contact to know about my situation. She was the one who suggested to have the test and introduced me to this world. She's nice and cool just like her curly hair.

There were a lot of patients in line and while waiting for my turn, I saw this guy... a familiar one. We met before and had this hanky panky stuff. He was also waiting for his turn, Now am guessing that he is of the same sero-status. Of course I am confident that it wasn't my fault. It was years back, three or maybe four years ago.. Seeing using my peripheral vision, I know he's looking at me trying to stare if am gonna stare back. sorry, suplado paren ako.. so hindi ko siya pinansin.

He was done and it was my turn, Doc G was surprised seeing me and her big smile made my day.

She ordered a chest xray, cbc and prescribed those meds. I went to the the Radiology department and waited for my test. In all fairness, Rad Techs there are cute. Next was Pathology and Laboratory, I always wanted to have my blood work to be done here. Their phlebotomist is very good in extracting blood, not a single pain when pricking.

I waited for a day for the results, Xray showed that my chest were normal. So no big deal. And oh, by the way xray results were hi-tech .. they burn it on DVD! yes, you have that dvd copy of your xray.. pretty cool.

But the cbc result is not that good.. there were a lot of high's and low's,

Monocytes were high, 10% of 0-7 range. Indicates an infection.
Hemoglobin, Hematocrit and RBC were low. Maybe the side effect of AZT/3TC
MCV were very high, as well as MCH and MCHC

I still hope this is not pneumonia or TB since chest xray were clear. Just anxious about the monocyte level.

Gotta have a follow up check up within the week, stormy weather is up again I hope I can make it on Thursday. Or this bronchitis thingy will improve.

2 comments:

Anonymous { Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 2:40:00 PM GMT+8 }
Today, I read all of the entries in yer blog (dahil walang magawa. Hehehehe)...and I really like it. I like you.

'hope to meet you one of these days...or probably we already bumped into each other at one point of our lives. I'll contact you in yer "other" account.

Btw, I'm reactive too... *wink*
The Chemistry Guy { Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 2:33:00 AM GMT+8 }
Anonymous said...
Today, I read all of the entries in yer blog (dahil walang magawa. Hehehehe)...and I really like it. I like you.

'hope to meet you one of these days...or probably we already bumped into each other at one point of our lives. I'll contact you in yer "other" account.

Btw, I'm reactive too... *wink*


thanks my friend, yeah just let me know.. well of course, subject to verification and proof identification :)