My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

The 6-week test

Acute Bronchitis and paranoia lead me to have a TB test.

Tints of blood were seen through my sputum, so I hurriedly asked for a TB test. Two tests were done - AFB smear and TB culture and sensitivity.

AFB smear results came out 24 hours later and it was negative - both for 2 days of sputum sample.
Still coughing like a dog and blood tints the sink... Still paranoid of the golden standard of testing.

Tests were quite expensive at almost 8,000 pesos. Good thing I have an HMO to back me up.

Time flew and it was 6 weeks. Tests were done using TB BACTEC MGIT System which explains its expensiveness.

Results - NO GROWTH SEEN AFTER 6 weeks.

As expected. My respiratory ailment is gone.

2 comments:

Canonista { Saturday, October 8, 2011 at 6:48:00 PM GMT+8 }
Good to know you're well in spite of the OIs.
The Chemistry Guy { Sunday, October 9, 2011 at 1:32:00 AM GMT+8 }
canonista said...
Good to know you're well in spite of the OIs.


Thanks. Am just too paranoid... Besides, covered naman so ok lang. :)