My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

Great Weekend

I just got home from an overnight training seminar held by RITM.
Self-Empowerment training.
Im doing this blog while my memory is still good like fresh fish from the sea.. excited to dive back into the water.

I registered months ago together with Becky, I was excited then since it's my first time to attend such event. Days were like speed cars and now it's time for the said event. Unfortunately Becky cant't make it because of some personal liabilities. So most likely, IM ALONE!

The day has come and I prepared myself a bit late since I know for myself that everybody is practicing the Filipino Time. lols. I arrived in City State Tower at around 1030am. I passed by the hall and saw a bunch of guys and Dr. D and R. I was a little afraid and totally shy since I think i'm late (it really pays to be early, i wont experience the grand entrance!) lols, i cant go in since i'm way too nervous.. i decided to wait in the lounge and tried to gasp for confidence and right timing, minutes later Ate Beth came (thank you Lord!) she accompanied me inside and there you go...

I sat in the round table and tried to squeeze myself in the filled one.. a girly-gay offered me a space, a sigh of relief for me, tried to roll my eyes on every people in front of me and saw several guys of all ages..

Here goes the characters (i'll try to extract my memory the best as i can):

Ron- a dance instructor from a famous gym center. FF
Da - the sweet and pretty girly-gay.
Re - the reserved and defensive late comer. Has wife but vulnerable to both M/F encounters.
Er - a scary, masungit, suplado, so serious guy. He's cute.
Rom - a previous ship worker
Jo - a playful, child-like guy.. sorta cute.
Ja - a friend of mine, the fedora hat fashionista guy.
Ju - a super quiet type from Palawan.
Ry - the engineer.
Jos - the straight guy.
Ge - hmmm, not really familiar..
Ki - the so mature thinker advertising guy.
Be - from PAFPI?
Lo - H4 guy.
Za - me?
Ma - my crush :D. spark guy, hihih

Activities went well, the introduce yourself part, story of your life, career planning, emotion handling, self image enhancement and all those stuffs primarily designed for empowering people.
The activities were so fun and got the opportunity to learn everyone's struggle in life.

As the night went by, we parted ways on our designated rooms.. luckily, i have Ja with me, and Ma, yikeee. lols.. landi!
I dont wanna go onto details on this.. :D haha
We went to each others room to meet and greet some of the fellow attendees.
Went to sleep and there you go.... :D

2nd day was a great one as expected, lots of fun activities and sharing. Time was running too fast and the day were almost set. some cried and some laughed. it was all fun. It's time to part ways as the older batches or should i say the tenured ones arrived and invited us for dinner. It's not really a good time for Da, me and Ma (:D) to have dinner so we went on a separate way, strolled down RP and went on coffee and had some little chit chat.. chismis!

A lot of realizations were instilled in my mind. maybe i will have this on my next blog post.
but for now, i wont keep this long, it was really a great experience and a fun to be with group.
Most importantly Met new friends of the same wave length and a chance to share ideas and be more socially and emotionally responsible. All thanks to Dr. R and the organizers of the seminar. :)


Ta!

6 comments:

Juan de la Cruz { Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at 9:01:00 PM GMT+8 }
good to know you attended the self-empowerment seminar. welcome to the club. i hope it helped you a lot and i hope you can use whatever learnings to cope better with life.
The Chemistry Guy { Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 1:01:00 AM GMT+8 }
yes, it was really fun.. i wanna do it again!
Juan de la Cruz { Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 3:07:00 AM GMT+8 }
by the way, i was supposed to be part of your batch but i decided to join the batch the previous week kasi a friend of mine asked me. we could have met. finally. oh well, there is always a next time.
The Chemistry Guy { Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 12:55:00 AM GMT+8 }
hmm, we can meet anytime.. someone told me you're near Valero lang. :D
Juan de la Cruz { Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 1:18:00 AM GMT+8 }
herrera actually. legazpi village. i see that you are officemates with canonista pala
The Chemistry Guy { Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 1:27:00 AM GMT+8 }
yeah, nahuli ko sya dito din sa blog. hehe.. so ayun, nagkita lang kami kanina before ako umuwi.