My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

Non-Compliant

I just found out that I missed another tablet of Lamivudine + Zidovudine.
I'm having difficulties with medicine compliance.. my usual schedule is 12pm and 12am.

My phone will alarm but to my state of being busy, I take them an hour of two.
Now I missed one... again. I need to restructure my schedule.

I'm just having a hard time... I feel anxious (continued to my next post)



Ta!

4 comments:

Bruce Kho { Saturday, October 23, 2010 at 8:26:00 AM GMT+8 }
Ü no worries. youre not the only one. dont tell the doc about it but so far non-compliance hasnt affected my progress. Ü
The Chemistry Guy { Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 2:00:00 AM GMT+8 }
well, im just anxious.. :)
InfinityStrip { Monday, October 25, 2010 at 5:57:00 PM GMT+8 }
You should at least have a 92-94% compliance rate per month for your ARVs to maintain the meds' effect.

I have missed out on some as well. I have told my doctors about it. They should know.

Just continue taking your meds. Work on a schedule that will really work for you and stick to it. But don't be hard on yourself if you find yourself missing a dose or two.

It also helps if someone reminds you about it.
The Chemistry Guy { Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 1:29:00 AM GMT+8 }
hi.. yeah, very seldom naman ako mag skip ng meds. there are times na 1-2 hrs delayed ako from the sched..
pero im working on it na..
well, it's only me na nag reremind.. and my phone, i dont have someone to para iremind ako...