My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

Third Year of Being Poz

This marks my third year of being HIV positive. Honestly, I can't really recall when was the exact date I went to Makati Medical Center and have myself tested, I know it was in between February and March. The 3 years of my conversion was a rollercoaster ride, too steep ups and too free fall when going down. This was the time when you will learn to appreciate who you are and what to perceive of what's going to happen, being care free is no longer an option. Taking extra care of yourself more than the usual, when I was still considered HIV-negative, should now be your top most priority. 

Novice events took place the last 3 years - meeting new friends and acquaintances, finding someone to be a confidant, being more open to my feelings and a wider range of "activities".

The first thing came into my mind after being diagnosed was to find someone to talk to and share what happened that afternoon. I went online and found some online forums and communities, which was a bit of help. A couple of weeks have past, I decided to create this blog in hopes of releasing tensions inside and let other reader know how I feel. Through this blog, I have met several people of the same sero-status which turned out to be ok.. though some were not. These people, which some I now call friends were the ones who helped me of somehow forgetting the past. The first year of being diagnosed was exciting because I tend to meet new people almost every week. From the old-school ARG clinic of RITM, to its weekly activities, to check ups with Ate Ana. Seeing new stuff after this were somehow great. I knew I wasn't the only one.

My second year was not that blessed and turmoil started to pound. It affected both my professional and personal environment. It wasn't easy for me to sustain myself. I think this year, I started creating a poz-Twitter account. I have some friends you used this and I joined the bandwagon. I have to admit, it was fun and there were lots of chances meeting new people. More than what RITM-ARG has provided. As the chemistry principle of entropy and enthalpy, the more you know.. the greater the chance of uncertainties. Which I proved to be true. It was good at the start but its quality started to decline month after month. It seemed to have contributed a big chunk of what my second year gave to me. I'm not putting blame, just stating what I see. If I happen to check my Twitter timeline, all I see are some types of crap. Not all, but most. Way far from before I started it. No longer that active coz I decided to focus more on blogging and meeting good and trustworthy friends. Just like the old times.

This 3rd year should be my rebound year. Bouncing back from where I left last 2011 and have a clear mindset of what to expect. No more chummy bullshits.

Or perhaps, throw and clean some trash out of my closet. Eradicate all that triggers. I think that's the best way.

This blog will not be that long as most of the topics were discussed or will be discussed. I'll keep you posted.

My third year statistics:

CD4 count - 710 units
Viral load - 80++ units, I can't really recall
All other blood parameters: I think is normal
Mind state: sane
Emotional state: still unstable
Physical state: Good, but not for the fucking choosy
Financial state: I dunno, I'm poor

*by the way, what the hell happened to other poz bloggers? Where are you? Hope everything is fine.

3 comments:

AndrĂ© { Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 7:21:00 AM GMT+8 }
Cheers to healthier and happier years ahead. :)
The Chemistry Guy { Monday, March 4, 2013 at 5:09:00 AM GMT+8 }
Grey said...
Cheers to healthier and happier years ahead. :)


Thanks grey.
Anonymous { Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 12:49:00 PM GMT+8 }
Hi Chemistry guy. New to your blog.but it seems like youre doing very well.hoping youll have a healthy life. Keep on writing! You might want to visit my blog...www.bitchygayspot.blogspot.com