My photo
The Chemistry of everyday life, an HIV blogger. Twitter: @tcghiv | Email: tetrahydroziline@gmail.com

Don't be too EXPENSIVE

I talked to Google - "how to live below your means"

I admit. I'm too lucrative, sumptuous, luxurious living person.. Ma luho in tagalog terms.

No contentment was achieved on my end. I always want the high-tech stuff, newest things and expensive thoughts that I can brag about. Well, it's not really obvious on my part. What I mean is, I still look simple and humble enough. 

As a result - No savings. Yes. I am the epitome of Zero Maintaining balance. This came into my mind when my office are planning for a group credit card application. I don't have a credit card anymore. Which is a good thing, but of course there's a downfall. Maybe it's time to live just on how I can pay for it... Now with savings. 

Thinking of the long term effect, maybe this might really help. In case of emergencies and other stuff that needs immediate financial attention. 

I need to appreciate the things that I am holding on right now for me be fulfilled, be contented and avoid any unwanted expenses. I don't want to come to a point that I am already insolvent. (Balance Sheet Insolvency - Liability is greater than Asset) Now that's Accounting..

As early as now, turning 25 years old. I think I need something to be proud of. Financial responsibility will play more than anything else. Health responsiveness is next. 

So, I talked to my dear friend Google, How to live by your means. 

Here were some suggestions. This might seem simple but analyzing it would give you a bigger picture.

1. Borrow and share.
Instead of going to the cinemas to watch the latest film, why not just borrow some DVD's from a friend or perhaps download one, since I have a fast internet connection. Watch films that are worthwhile watching. Those that will look better on the big screen. You save extra ticket price, commuters fare and some food expenses. I'll try to these, the hardship I'm getting into is that I don't wanna stay at home over the weekend. It seem that the day is VERY UNPRODUCTIVE. And who wants to stay when your mom steals your privacy?

2. Avoid the mall.

Similar to the one above. If I get bored, I go the mall. Stroll and look for interesting items. This tends to give you expenses. I stumbled upon a great shirt... I buy it. I craved for an expensive crepe, I dine.. Really expensive. 


3. Find a better deal and actually SAVE the difference.
One of my syndrome, IMPULSIVENESS. I buy on the spot. Pak! Now, I need to check whether there's a cheap alternative of the equivalent. Don't be pressured by the cute sales guys. Wear an ipod to isolate their irritating sales pitch. If B is cheaper than A and of the same quality, go grab B. But if C comes into place. Try considering. 

4. Stay Healthy!  Medical problems drain bank accounts.  
True enough, I remember when I was in Makati Medical Center for my skin problem treatment. Medicines costs more than a thousand bucks per week. Pretty relative to everyone. 

5. Don't be in-secured.
Try not to compare yourself with what others have. Blackberry phones are now on the rise. Since it's a QWERTY phone. I want those. If I want those... another expense. Though I might really buy one soon. As a birthday gift. :)

Oh well, Lemme try doing this. If not, just save a couple of bucks every pay check. 

4 comments:

4dlynx { Sunday, April 17, 2011 at 7:50:00 PM GMT+8 }
It used to be my problem, I must admit I'm an impulsive buyer. I'm kinda bratty that whatever I want, I must get it at all cost. However, when I was diagnosed last January, everything really changed. No more malls, less gadgets, I became more patient, etc. It's too painful though that I have to have this first before I realized that life isn't all about material things.
The Chemistry Guy { Sunday, April 17, 2011 at 10:35:00 PM GMT+8 }
well you can still, everybody needs R&R naman.. just balance your expenses and in moderation. :)
Nishiboy { Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 6:40:00 PM GMT+8 }
natawa ako. lahat talaga ginugoogle mo. haha. ang cute. =P
The Chemistry Guy { Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 1:08:00 AM GMT+8 }
of course! that's what you call.. "resourceful" :)